Join Evelyn and Eileen as they discuss the shift in remote work in the aftermath of the COVID-19 Pandemic. What are the biggest challenges to staying remote and what are the solutions? And how is the PERKS team moving forward?
You can download the episode here.
- 99% of people would choose to work remotely for the rest of their lives - even if only part-time
- Is remote work here to stay?
- What are we planning for the future of work at PERKS?
- Headquarters vs. coworking spaces
- Why we’ve come to this decision
- What are the biggest challenges to staying remote? What are the solutions?
- Unplugging after work (22%) - Karen Mangia: rituals and routines
- Loneliness (19%) - retreats, virtual experiences, Donut, Gatheround
- Communication/collaboration (17%) - Team syncs, work sessions, Yac
- Statistics from The Ultimate List of Remote Work Statistics for 2021 (FindStack)
- Since 2015, the number of people who WFH has risen by 140%.
- 16% of companies in the world are fully remote in 2021 (i.e. no headquarters)
- By 2028, 73% of all departments are expected to have remote workers
- 85% managers believe teams with remote workers will become the new norm
- Better work-life balance is a main driver of why people choose to work remotely
- 75% say they’re more productive WFH because there are less distractions
- 74% say having the option to work remote makes them less likely to leave a company