Coaching is a hot topic in HR circles, but is it right for your organization? Join Asia Bribiesca-Hedin, Leadership Coach & CEO of Bridgewell Professional Services, as she shares about different coaching styles, when it is appropriate to find executive coaching, and whether coaching looks different in a remote/hybrid workplace.
You can download the episode here.
You can also find us on:
- Timing is everything. When should an organization look for a coach?
- What does executive coaching mean? Why would an organization decide to use it?
- Why is coaching in the workplace important? What are some different coaching styles?
- It goes 2 ways: active listening, thoughtful questioning, concrete guidance (Positive Psychology)
- It’s about seeing and unlocking the potential of the person being coached
- We all understand that people receive feedback differently. If I say the same statement to 4 different individuals, it could be interpreted 4 diff ways. An important aspect of being an effective communicator is to get on the same level as who you’re speaking to, putting it in a way that makes sense.
- How do you adjust your approach toward different people? Do you have any examples you can share?
- What does effective coaching look like/what are the results we hope to see?
- More productive leaders, teams, individual level
- How might coaching facilitate better change management?
- At PERKS, we want to equip all our managers to lead and guide their teams well, no matter what experience level they have - so we created our PERKS People Portal. You as an employee can meet with a mentor on a regular basis.
- Doesn’t have to be your direct supervisor
- What is the difference between coaching and mentorship?
- We know this season is dedicated to L&A, but mentoring is a good practice to have throughout all levels of an org. Do the topics/subjects vary when you’re coaching or mentoring a leader vs. an employee?
- Does coaching look any different in a hybrid or remote environment? Tips?
- If an org is interested in structuring a mentorship program, what are the first steps to achieve? What does a typical mentoring program/policy look like within an org?
- Again, remote-first does not mean you never see people
- How does having a culture of coaching contribute to a positive company culture?
- Closing thoughts? Inspirational quotes?
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill